Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Russians are coming! The Russians are coming!

For the first time since WWII, the Russian navy announced that it would be sailing the warship destroyer, Admiral Chabanenko, through the Panama Canal this week. The Russians announced Wednesday that they would be pushing ahead with this symbolic "projection of Moscow's power in a traditional U.S. zone of influence".

And now we have a President Elect, Barack Obama, who said he was going to cut our defense spending...while the other guys are amping up theirs...God help us. Here's exactly what Obama said...

"I will cut investments in unproven missile defense systems.

I will not weaponize space. I will slow our development of future combat systems.

And I will institute an independent defense priorities board to ensure that the Quadrennial Defense Review is not used to justify unnecessary spending.

Third, I will set a goal of a world without nuclear weapons. To seek that goal, I will not develop new nuclear weapons, I will seek a ban on the production of fissile material,

and I will negotiate with Russia to take our ICBM's off hair-trigger alert and to achieve deep cuts in our nuclear arsenal"

No comments: